Essential understanding on Acquiring and Payment AcceptanceUnderstanding the business model of Acquiring and acceptance is critical to an overall understanding of the payment ecosystem. ‘The World of Payment Acceptance and mPOS’ is a comprehensive fast-track programme that helps your staff understand all the essential aspects of today’s acquiring business.
With numerous case studies and examples from around the world this programme will look at the fast changing nature of payment acceptance and how technology, changing consumer behaviour, regulation, compliance and increased competition is impacting the acceptance business of today and tomorrow.
What does it cover?
- how payments have evolved, key stakeholders and the payment value chain
- an understanding of what Acquiring is, the payment acceptance eco-system and its strategic development
- detailed coverage of the acquiring value chain and key functional areas
- insight into the financial dynamics of acquiring including the main cost and revenue streams
- how to understand and maximise the Acquiring P&L
- managing credit and fraud risk in acquiring and how to mitigate against it
- the changing merchant acceptance landscape – including new payment channels including MPOS, NFC , e-Commerce, Digital Wallets, etc.
- future market opportunities, challenges and threats
What will you learn?
- role, value and risks of payments to all stakeholders involved in the payment transaction chain
- the role and value of Acquiring within the payment transaction chain
- what the acquiring proposition means to merchants
- the merchant acceptance landscape and ecosystem including those that support or compete with traditional acquirers
- the key components of the acquirer value chain and the main functional areas within a merchant acquiring business
- how to identify the main revenue and cost drivers of the business
- the risks and compliance associated with the acquiring business and how to manage these
- how technology, regulation and new competition is shaping the acquiring market and what this means for the future
Who is it for?
An ideal fast-track introduction for those new to the payment industry, or those wishing gain understanding on acquiring and merchant acceptance.
Presenter – Gary Munro
Gary advises banks, mobile network, payment schemes and start-ups on the hardware and software solutions for payment acceptance, along with the functional and security requirements for EMV and mPOS devices and services. He has worked with many major organisations around the world to help them select appropriate vendors, design and lead the implementation of the interfaces (API) and managed the common criteria and Scheme certification of mPOS and standard EMV terminals.
‘Very good introduction into the Acquiring business which has brought me up the learning curve very quickly – thanks’.
‘Great insight, well presented with practical examples – that have provided me with a great understanding of the challenges and opportunities of our business’
Register Your Interest Below
Please register below to be informed of the event or to receive more details.