Demystifying Distributed Ledger Technology BOOK YOUR PLACE
Blockchain technology has the potential to disrupt and revolutionize the financial services industry.
Start-ups, major organisations and governments are making major investments to explore the impact and possibilities that this shared-ledger technology may bring and what its financial, operational and regulatory implications might be.
However, for many, the Blockchain seems a mystical or confusing technology which is difficult to understand.
This workshop is designed specifically for those with a non-technical background and is aimed to provide an easy-to-understand introduction into the key concepts, practical implications and opportunities that this technology could bring to you and your business
In a practical and interactive way, including demos, we will show how the technology works, the relevance of Bitcoin to Blockchain, what the business models and possible uses are, the benefits of the underpinning security, along with the risks and rewards that may exist for your organisation using this disruptive technology
What does it cover?
- Where has Blockchain come from and why is so much investment being made?
- The basic concepts and terminology behind Blockchain
- What are the key characteristics and relevancies of Bitcoin and Blockchain
- What can the Blockchain be used for and how does a transaction work using this technology
- The differences between ‘Public’ and ‘Private’ Blockchain models
- What are the economics and business models within Blockchain and Bitcoin
- What and how is regulation impacting the development and use of the technology
- What are the key questions and considerations in adopting a Blockchain approach to your future business?
- What are the opportunities, challenges and limitations of digital currencies and Blockchain for financial businesses
- Real world case studies and examples from both the world of finance and other sectors
- Useful resources – where to go for further business understanding and support
What are the key learning takeaways?
- Understanding on what the Blockchain is, how it works and the different models that can be used
- An awareness of the opportunities and threats of Blockchain technology and what this means for your business
- Insight into the future of Blockchain and Bitcoin including regulatory implications
- Be able to consider the key steps in developing the business case for the use of Blockchain for your organisation
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed specifically for those with little knowledge of Blockchain or Bitcoin and have a non-technical background. It would be particularly beneficial anyone who wishes to understand more about the applications and benefits of the technology from a business perspective
The Presenter – Salome Parulava
Salome Parulava is a consultant at Consult Hyperion working with major banks, payment systems, fintech organisations and regulators on Blockchain related projects. Previously, Salome was a Product Manager at AIS Group, a private R&D Centre focusing on algorithmic trading and financial technologies. She holds an MSc (with Merit) in Information Systems Management and Innovation from the Warwick Business School, where her dissertation (with Distinction) focused on how Blockchain technology could streamline the current processes surrounding the clearing and settlement of securities. Salome also has a degree with Honours in Mathematical Economics from the Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance.
We have limited availability so register today to ensure you secure your place